DMCA Policy for SmartlyNow.net
SmartlyNow.net respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. It is our policy to respond to any alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on SmartlyNow.net in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our designated copyright agent with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You can contact our designated copyright agent at: [email protected]. Please note that we may forward any notice received to the user who allegedly infringed the copyright.
If we receive a DMCA notice and believe that the content in question is not infringing or that we have the right to use it under the law, we may not remove or disable access to the content. However, we may notify the user who posted the content and give them an opportunity to file a counter-notification.
If you receive a DMCA notice from us, you may file a counter-notification with our designated copyright agent. To be effective, a counter-notification must include:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notice or an agent of such person.
Please note that we may terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers of copyrighted works.